The NAMI Family-to-Family Education Program
A free, 12 week course for family caregivers of individuals with mental illness. The next Family to Family program will begin on Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at the Epiphany Lutheran Church, 1100 Colonial Road, Harrisburg, PA. Click here to learn more about the program. Please contact Marge Chapman email@example.com (717.233.1164) if you have any questions.
Who We Are
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of Dauphin County is a Non-Profit Organization of people united by mutual needs and concerns. Our goal is to improve the quality of life for victims of brain disorders (mental illnesses), their families, and friends. NAMI Dauphin county helps both the consumer and their loved ones overcome the normal feelings of guilt, shame, frustration, lonliness, helplessness, etc. NAMI Dauphin county provides a support group and treatment resources for both the consumer and family members.
What We Do
• We meet once a month to understand and cope with mental illness and to acquire the strength and support we need to face difficult situations.
• We share problems and frustrations that no one else can understand unless they have been in that situation.
• We work together to determine how we can affect the mental health system.
• We develop friendships that allow each of us to grow beyond the pain and suffering mental illness brings into the gamily. We also share solutions to problems and frustrations. these are feelings that no one else can understand.
• We provide Educational Programs, such as, "Family to Family," "Peer to Peer," and "In Our Own Voice."